reg: varnish config

Per Buer perbu at varnish-software.com
Thu Jul 4 09:51:54 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 7:43 AM, Ambati, Sugunakar <sambati at corp.untd.com>wrote:

>  Hi,****
>
> ** **
>
> Good Morning.****
>
> ** **
>
> We have several mobile clients and for few mobile users, we wanted to
> serve from server instead of cache.****
>
> ** **
>
> There are 30 such agents and I would like to automate the way so that
> every time a new mobile comes into market, we don’t have to do anything
> manual.****
>
> ** **
>
> Could someone suggest on this?

There are four different ways to do this. The simple is the devicedetect
VCL, available at Github. This uses regular expressions to match.

Then there are three different VMODs that handle this. dClass is open
source and uses the Apache OpenDDR to look up devices. Then there are two
proprietary VMODs as well.
Varnish Software has written a VMOD that incorporates the DeviceAtlas
library from Dotmobi (
https://www.varnish-cache.org/vmod/deviceatlas-mobile-detection). Scientia
Mobile has also written a VMOD that uses their now proprietary WURFL
library.

Cheers,

Per.
--
 <http://www.varnish-software.com/> *Per Buer*
Phone: +47 958 39 117 | Skype: per.buer

Winner of the Red Herring Top 100 Europe Award 2013