Varnish pipe through for SSL requests

Yari Shima yarishima42 at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 25 01:31:29 CEST 2013

Hello,

We have the following server setting:

First a Magento shop on a managed server. It serves the non-SSL and SSL
traffic. Now we want to setup a varnish caching server. Because it is a
managed server we cannot install any extra software on it, so we need to do it
on another root server.

I setup varnish on this root server and for non-SSL requests everything works
fine. Varnish should only cache non-SSL pages, everything regarding the
checkout or account should not be cached by varnish. My question is, how do I
have to setup varnish, that the SSL requests pipe through it and go directly
to the managed server? And were do I have to install the SSL certificate?

Thanx in advance
YS