Varnish pipe through for SSL requests

Stephen Wood smwood4 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 22:31:58 CEST 2013

I'm not familiar with mod_proxy, but the point being is that traffic being
received by varnish must be plain http traffic. Any SSL encryption
*must*be terminated before it reaches the port Varnish is running.

The are many different ways to do this and mod_proxy and apache might be
one as long as you fulfill the above requirement and Varnish is receiving
only http traffic. I find that the easiest solution is to do SSL
termination on your load balancer.

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Yari Shima <yarishima42 at googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hi Reinis,
>
> Thanks for your awnser.
> But can't I use apache to listen on port 443 on my root server and with
> mod_proxy pipr the traffic through to my managed server?
>
> Best
> YS

Stephen Wood
Dev/Ops Engineer