Stop users accessing website via IP address

Puneet puneet.arora at insticator.com
Sun Jul 28 18:58:17 CEST 2013

Hi All,

Thanks for all the time.
I am able to get that working.
I was just missing :
	set obj.http.Location = "http://mywebsite.com"+req.url;

Thanks
Puneet

-----Original Message-----
From: Puneet [mailto:puneet.arora at insticator.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2013 10:21 AM
To: 'Poul-Henning Kamp'; 'Travis Crowder'; 'Paul A. Procacci'
Cc: varnish-misc at varnish-cache.org
Subject: RE: Stop users accessing website via IP address

Hi All,

Apologies for all this confusion and chaos.

I just don't want my website to be accessible by using the IP address on
which the website is hosted. Even if the Users use the IP address, I want
them to be redirected to my website.

It is the same way as www.facebook .com is hosted at "173.252.110.27".
When a user types "173.252.110.27" in the URL he is redirected to
"www.facebook.com"

I want to have the same functionality for mywebsite also.

To have this functionality I was trying Varnish to redirect the Users to
www.mywebsite.com .

Thanks
Puneet