Timeout with large files...

James Pearson james at ifixit.com
Wed Jun 12 23:48:23 CEST 2013

Excerpts from John Doe's message of 2013-06-12 09:08:35 -0700:
> Hi,
>
> I have a little issue with large files time outing front end while varnish caches the file sent by the backend.
> Is there a way to tell varnish to start sending the beginning of the file right away?
> Or is there a way to directly "pipe" only for files with a size > n?

There is a varnish-streaming build that was released some time ago[0].  We
played around with it a bit on our development server because of issues we'd
seen with large files.  There was some major issue that prevented us from
pushing it to production, but I'm afraid I can't remember what it was.  It's
fairly likely it was something particular to our setup.

HTH,
 - P

[0]: https://www.varnish-cache.org/lists/pipermail/varnish-announce/2011-November/000677.html