Geolocation without compiling Varnish from source

Per Buer perbu at varnish-software.com
Thu Mar 28 10:11:01 CET 2013

Hi John,

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 7:00 PM, John <spam at onlineconcepts.com> wrote:

> I would like to geolocate our website visitors by country. Varnish can
> send the ISO country code to our backend, which will then serve the users
> content specific to their region of the world.

Right. What you want to take a look at is one of the GeoIP vmods that are
out there (there are at least two). A vmod is a module extending Varnish in
some way.

Inline C isn't pretty or easy to maintain and would recommend avoiding it
if you can.

--
 <http://www.varnish-software.com/> *Per Buer*
CEO | Varnish Software AS