set req.http.Connection varnish

Paul A. Procacci pprocacci at datapipe.com
Thu May 2 14:18:08 CEST 2013

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 10:10:35PM +0100, Tim Glabisch wrote:
> Hello,
>

> i try to set the connection setting (having some trouble with cutted content
> using iis) to disable keep-alive.
>
> my main Problem is that varnish doesnt allow me to overwrite the Connection
> Header.
>

> set req.http.Connection = "foo"; // nothing changed
>
> set req.http.Connection2 = "foo"; // works great
>

> everytime i try to set the req.http.Connection, varnish (3.0.0 / 3.0.4)
> just ignores it.

Set the connection to close in the response.

set beresp.http.connection = "close".

You don't want to set it in the request because varnish keeps connections
alive for itself.

~Paul

This message may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise us immediately and delete this message. See http://www.datapipe.com/legal/email_disclaimer/ for further information on confidentiality and the risks of non-secure electronic communication. If you cannot access these links, please notify us by reply message and we will send the contents to you.