file storage engine overflow and 503 error

Sean Allen sean at monkeysnatchbanana.com
Wed May 8 11:22:48 CEST 2013

Varnish 3 series.

We recently switched one of our varnish caches from being having a malloc
based storage to file based. When the cache overflowed using the malloc
based one, an older item was nuked and the requested item was returned.

When we overflowed the file storage engine cache yesterday, varnishstat
showed the items being evicted but would return a 503 for the requested
item and in varnishlog, was showing it couldn't allocate storage during the
deliver phase for the requested item.

What do I need to do to change to not have a cache overflow result in 503
errors?

--

Ce n'est pas une signature