varnish reload error

James Pearson james at ifixit.com
Mon Sep 9 19:48:31 CEST 2013

Excerpts from 杨尧's message of 2013-09-08 21:01:01 -0700:

> Hi,
>          When I reload my conf file,the error reporting as follow:
>
> [error.png]

In the future, can you please copy+paste the text of the error (or put it in a
pastebin, if it's long) instead of attaching an image?  That makes it easier to
look at, as well as search for.

> The varnish version is 3.0.3, and I used tar package installed.
> Can anybody explain why this happened?

My initial guess is that setuid() is failing because you're not starting
Varnish as root.

How are you starting Varnish?
 - P