binding to a domain socket?

James Brown jbrown at uber.com
Sat Dec 13 21:13:08 CET 2014

We have varnish used for on-box caching in some systems and are running out
of ephemeral sockets having it listen on a TCP/IP socket ; it would be
super-nice if Varnish supported binding do an AF_UNIX/SOCK_STREAM socket.
Does anyone know if there are any patches out there to allow VSS_parse() to
pull out a domain socket from some form of config? If I were to write one,
do y'all think it would be of interest to anyone else?

--
James Brown
Staff Infrastructure, Security, and Database Engineer At Large