Varnish is functioning and caching but varnihstat show no hits

Raymond Jennings raymond.jennings at nytimes.com
Tue Feb 18 14:03:48 CET 2014

There is also a problem where your host name changes after Varnish
starts.  It's looking for the cache location based on the new host
name instead if the old host name.  Varnish stat and varnish history
fail.  This is a bug to me but Varnish thinks otherwise.  If you are
writing to a file based on host name you can easily keep track of what
that host name was.  This is a common problem on AWS ec2.