Support for streaming objects included with ESI

Mike Machuidel machuidel at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 16:12:22 CEST 2014

Hello Everyone,

My web-framework has support for streaming all content to the client as
soon as it gets available. Also I make heavy use of ESI. Today I upgraded
to Varnish 4 to get the "Full support for streaming objects through from
the backend on a cache miss.". I assumed that meant it is was able to
support streaming ESI as well (processing ESI in series *without* buffering
or processing ESI in parallel *with* buffering). Now I noticed as soon as I
enable ESI it disables streaming.

It is possible to enable streaming for ESI objects as well? Should I maybe
use another branch?

Thanks,
Mike