Updating VMODs with zero downtime

Carlos Abalde carlos.abalde at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 12:18:59 CEST 2014

Hi all,

Lately I've been wondering about the possibility of updating Varnish VMODs with zero downtime. Being able of reloading VCL with zero downtime is a great Varnish Feature; it reminds me a lot to hot code replacement in Erlang, which is one of the killer features of the language. But what about VMODs? Is this an existing / planned feature? Any workarounds (apart from embedding all the VMOD logic in VCL using inline C code)?

Thanks!

—
Carlos Abalde.