Varnish log where obj are stored

Lasse Karstensen lkarsten at varnish-software.com
Tue Jun 3 14:54:00 CEST 2014

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 02:09:03PM +0200, marco at nucleus.it wrote:
> Hi,
> using more than one storage like  -s othersram=malloc,500M -s
> testram=malloc,50M how can i check from the varnishlog or other tools
> where the object is storage in cache ?
> I know that i can force the storage in vcl_fetch with set
> beresp.storage = "name_og_the_storage"; but how can i verify this ?

In 4.0, the Storage log entry in varnishlog for backend requests give you this:

    [..]
    -   TTL            VCL 120 60 86400 1401799601
    -   VCL_return     deliver
    -   Storage        malloc s0

>From vsl(7):

    Storage - Where object is stored
	  Type and name of the storage backend the object is stored in.

	  The format is:

	     %s %s
	     |  |
	     +---- Type ("malloc", "file", "persistent" etc.)