ubuntu source packages for varnish 4.0

Patrick Kaeding patrick at airseed.com
Thu Jun 26 06:50:23 CEST 2014

Hi all, apologies if this is not the right mailing list for this question.

I am having trouble getting the varnish 4.0 source, in ubuntu 14.04.
I have added the repo.varnish-cache.org lines to my sources.list, as
such:

# cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/varnish-cache.list
deb https://repo.varnish-cache.org/ubuntu/ trusty varnish-4.0
deb-src https://repo.varnish-cache.org/ubuntu/ trusty varnish-4.0

When I `apt-get update`, I see the following lines (along with all the
other usual lines), so I am pretty sure the sources.list changes above
have taken effect:

Get:3 https://repo.varnish-cache.org trusty InRelease
Get:5 https://repo.varnish-cache.org trusty/varnish-4.0 Sources
Get:6 https://repo.varnish-cache.org trusty/varnish-4.0 amd64 Packages

However, when I try to get the varnish sources, I get this error:

# apt-get source varnish
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Can not find version '4.0.1-1' of package 'varnish'
E: Unable to find a source package for varnish

Poking around in
https://repo.varnish-cache.org/ubuntu/dists/trusty/varnish-4.0/source/,
I see an empty Sources.gz file, and I don't see any source packages in
https://repo.varnish-cache.org/ubuntu/pool/varnish-4.0/v/varnish/
(judging by file names).  I don't know a lot about debian package
repository layouts, though, so maybe I am just not looking in the
right places.

In googling for an answer to this issue, I came across
https://www.varnish-cache.org/trac/ticket/1326, which sounds similar,
but it looks like that issue was just user error.  Is my issue also
user error?  Or is something wrong with the package publishing
mechanism?

Thanks!