RxRequest METHOD_OTHER

James Pearson james at ifixit.com
Thu Jun 26 20:30:14 CEST 2014

Our application uses the PATCH HTTP method.  One of our customers recently
complained that it wasn't working.  Looking at the output of varnishlog, those
requests have RxRequest set to METHOD_OTHER, rather than PATCH.

We're working around it, but I was wondering if anyone had seen this sort of
thing before; searching around on the net I couldn't find any mention of
METHOD_OTHER other than in the Apache httpd source code.

They're also talking to their firewall vendor, which is where I suspect the
problem originates, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to pursue multiple channels.
 - James