support to install varnish on a VPS (Plesk on Centos)

Andrew Langhorn andrew.langhorn at digital.cabinet-office.gov.uk
Mon Mar 10 16:05:07 CET 2014

> Is it because I'm on VPS?

If you have full root access, then no - it should make no difference. Do
you have full root access?

The howto you've linked to is for Plesk installations - Plesk's a bit of a
beast, so you might find something like the official docs (at
varnish-cache.org) more useful. They're self-explanatory, and fairly easy
to follow.

On 10 March 2014 14:36, Alessio (Personale) <manca.alessio at tiscali.it>wrote:

>  Hello,
>
> could anyone help me in finding a good howto for the varnish installation?
>
> I tried with
>
> http://geroldm.com/2013/05/install-varnish-on-plesk-11-server/
>
> but after installation there are no "*/etc/sysconfig/varnish" and * "*/etc/varnish/default.vcl"
> files *
>

> Is it because I'm on VPS?
>
> Many thanks if someone can help!
>
> Alessio

Kind regards,

Andrew Langhorn
Web Operations
Government Digital Service

e: andrew.langhorn at digital.cabinet-office.gov.uk
t: +44 (0)7810 737375
a: 6th Floor, Aviation House, 125 Kingsway, London, WC2B 6NH