Varnishd stops sending logs to VSM after a while

Raymond Jennings raymond.jennings at nytimes.com
Thu Mar 13 12:33:03 CET 2014

I have what might be a related problem.  I can only get varnishlog to
write to a file after I stop it and restart it.  I am running on ec2.
I tried various tricks to wait so many seconds after varnished starts
then start varnishlog.   Varnishncsa runs perfectly fine right out of
the gate.  I have had this problem for about two years now.
Varnishlog is clearly running and "service varnishlog stop"
successfully stops it.   "service varnishlog start" and things are
good.