removal and reinstallation

Payton, Joy J PaytonK at email.chop.edu
Wed May 7 19:58:48 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I had an unused Varnish 3.0.x on a RHEL web server that I just removed.  I want to replace it with Varnish 4 (if that is, as I seem to think, the most recent stable release, with additional security features).  I previously used the instructions here (https://www.varnish-cache.org/installation/redhat), but they cite the varnish 3 rpm.  There's a ton of rpms for Varnish 4 in the repo site... can anyone advise as to which rpm would be appropriate for RHEL 6?  I suspect that the new url would be http://repo.varnish-cache.org/redhat/varnish-4.0/el6/src/varnish/varnish-4.0.0-1.el6.src.rpm but I'm not sure...

Thanks!

Joy

Joy Payton
Research IS Web Services
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Research Institute
Colket Translational Research Building 2200-30
O: (267) 426 7658   (Internally X67658)
F: (267) 426-0130

We advance the health of children by turning scientific discovery into medical innovation.

great service --> great discoveries
Have I provided you with great service
that powers your great discoveries?
Tell me about it in my anonymous feedback survey.<http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TXW3MM9>