Varnish on load balancer

Girish Marwah girish.marwah at icreon.com
Tue May 13 12:55:03 CEST 2014

Hi,

I am configuring varnish with apache on a separate server.

Setup is like, we have one load balancer from Amazon and from load balancer
load is distributing to two varnish servers. Varnish listening port is 80.
And then we have two web servers running apache at port 80 as well. Web
servers are acting as backend servers to both varnish machines.

Amazon Elastic Load Balancer rule is:

443 (HTTPS, Certificate: xxx) forwarding to 80 (HTTP) on varnish servers.

There is no virtual host on web server listen on 443, virtual host is on 80.

Please confirm this is the right configuration for the setup.

Thanks
Girish