survey: known clients which can't handle Chunked Transfer Coding

Nils Goroll slink at schokola.de
Mon May 19 13:00:05 CEST 2014

Working on https://www.varnish-cache.org/trac/ticket/1506 it would be helpful to
get to know more about clients which send HTTP/1.1 requests but fail to handle
chunked responses or require Content-Length for other reasons.

Some Background: http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec3.html#sec3.6.1

	All HTTP/1.1 applications MUST be able to receive and decode the
	"chunked" transfer-coding, and MUST ignore chunk-extension extensions
	they do not understand.

So we are actually querying here for clients which _violate_ rfc2616, but which
are important in real live nonetheless.

Please do not update the ticket with this information, personal email to me is
sufficient. I will post the results.

Nils