about hitrate

Andrew Langhorn andrew.langhorn at digital.cabinet-office.gov.uk
Thu May 22 10:46:28 CEST 2014

Hi,

I think you should be able to use varnishtop and varnishlog to achieve what you’re after.

varnishtop will let you see which URLs are hitting your backend(s) most often. Something like varnishtop -i txurl might be a good starting point, although the docs[1] have some further details on its use.

varnishlog will let you search your logs for a given URL to look at the request. varnishlog -c -m ‘RxURL:^/foo/bar’ will show you requests from client (-c) for /foo/bar

Andrew

[1] https://www.varnish-cache.org/docs/4.0/users-guide/operation-statistics.html#users-guide-statistics