Need step by step document for windows executions
Mahesh Narsappa Bubanale
mbubanale at sapient.com
Thu May 29 06:41:24 CEST 2014
Thank you ...I done that part but now I am struck how to check varnishlog on windows .. if anyone can help that will be great. I know on linux we can do all possible but my application run on windows and have restriction to connect or create vm . So struggling .. Please share your though about Varnishlog on windows.
Thanks & Regards,
From: varnish-misc-bounces+mbubanale=sapient.com at varnish-cache.org [mailto:varnish-misc-bounces+mbubanale=sapient.com at varnish-cache.org] On Behalf Of jdzstz
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 4:36 AM
To: varnish-misc at varnish-cache.org
Subject: Re: Need step by step document for windows executions
About Varnish on Windows, you can read: https://www.varnish-cache.org/trac/wiki/VarnishOnCygwinWindows
You have to install Cygwin + Varnish package at your windows. It is not suitable for production environment, it has not been tested at real environments!
Install Full Cygwin environment with varnish package ¶<https://www.varnish-cache.org/trac/wiki/VarnishOnCygwinWindows#InstallFullCygwinenvironmentwithvarnishpackage>
The tar.xz package file is installed inside Cygwin environment using cygwin installer:
* 32 bits installer: http://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe<http://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe>
* 64 bits installer: http://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe<http://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe>
Follow this steps:
* Download setup-x64.exe (32 bits) or setup-x86_64.exe (64 bits) at localhost
* Install CYGWIN enviroment executing installer
* Option one:
* On package selection list, select "varnish" package from package list in Web category, package will be download from cygwin servers.
* See: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/cygvarnish/cygport-packages/varnish-package-selection.png<http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/cygvarnish/cygport-packages/varnish-package-selection.png>
* Option two:
* Download cygport varnish-*.tar.xz varnish package files from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cygvarnish/files/cygport-packages/<https://sourceforge.net/projects/cygvarnish/files/cygport-packages/>
* Execute "setup.exe", select "Install from Local Directory" and select path where *.tar.xz files are located.
El 15/05/2014 13:42, Mahesh Narsappa Bubanale escribió:
I am new to Varnish and doing some demo project.
I need very informative document to execute Varnish on Windows and also need more information to execute caching mechanism on my application.
varnish-misc mailing list
varnish-misc at varnish-cache.org<mailto:varnish-misc at varnish-cache.org>
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus<http://www.avast.com/> protection is active.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the varnish-misc