Error

Brett Fitzgerald brettgfitzgerald at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 17:16:34 CET 2014

As I posted above, I think that his file is complete, and that he
accidentally deleted the closing } which should be on the last line of the
file he posted. The error message is not referencing line 42 of his VCL
file. It is referencing builting.vcl which is concatenated after
default.vcl. The error occurs on line 42 of builtin.vcl because the
previous sub vcl_deliver was never closed.

The first non-whitespaced, non-comment code of builtin.vcl occurs on line
42.
https://github.com/varnish/Varnish-Cache/blob/master/bin/varnishd/builtin.vcl