forward TLD to www

Tim Dunphy bluethundr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 02:50:53 CET 2014

Hello,

 I'm trying to forward the top level domain for my site 'ref.mydomain.com'
to the www version 'www.ref.mydomain.com'.

 This is the logic I tried in my vcl_recv

   if (req.http.host ~ "^ref\.mydomain\.com$") {

       set req.http.host = "www.ref.mydomain.com";

    }
And after cycling the varnish service, there's no joy! Putting
ref.mydomain.com doesn't forward to the other URL.

So maybe there's some problem with that statement that I'm missing?

I'd definitely appreciate any thoughts you might have.

Thanks!
Tim

--
GPG me!!