should i install from source if i wanted to use libvmod-secdown

Roland RoLaNd r_o_l_a_n_d at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 21 19:27:15 CEST 2014

All,
I have a new requirement which is to setup varnish with libvmod-secdown
After a lot of googling, i have a couple of questions that i got stuck on.
my questions are fairly simple and obviously newbie oriented as i come from windows/microsoft world.
If i wanted to use libvmod-secdown with my varnish installation, should i compile from source and include it somewhere ?
i tried using import secdown, but it's complaining that libvmod-secdown.so file doesn't exist
when i downloaded the secdown repo from github and used "autogen.sh" no .so file was generated
advice ?
once again, i hope all you experts don't get annoyed from my newbie sort of questions.