Varnish 3 EOL

Jason Price japrice at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 03:57:47 CEST 2015

Well... this is quite a challenging statement.

My challenge is this:  The vmod community is awaiting features in 4.1 (not
released yet) before they can begin porting over to varnish 4.x.

What is the correct approach to handle this situation?  Varnish 4 is
'incomplete' to the needs of these users, yet varnish3 is EOL.

-Jason (if the required features to support vmod_redis and similar have
made it to 4.x, please correct my understanding)