Varnish4 and variable access?

Jason Price japrice at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 19:28:56 CEST 2015

Two things:

1: The Varnish Book (for v3) has this cool table:
https://www.varnish-software.com/book/3/VCL_functions.html which indicates
which variables are accessible in what ways in whatever subroutine you find
yourself.   Is there an updated version for varnish 4?  I could

2: The varnish 3 to 4 guide says that "obj is now read-only. obj.last_use
has been retired."  I'm doing some hacking of error messages in the new
vcl_synth... what variable should I hack on there instead?  Previously it
was obj.* (specifically obj.status and obj.response).  Is it now resp.* ?

-Jason