can't log in or create new users on mediawiki

Tim Dunphy bluethundr at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 05:29:57 CEST 2015

Hey all,

 I've setup my mediawiki behind varnish. Since doing that I am unable to
either create new users or log into the wiki itself.

I've tried putting the following into my vcl_recv, however that didn't seem
to help as I'd expected:

   if ( req.http.host ~ "^wiki\.example\.com$" && req.url ~
"^/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&returnto=Main+Page&type=signup" ) {
    return (pass) ;
   }

   if ( req.http.host ~ "^wiki\.example\.com$" && req.url ~
"^/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&returnto=Main+Page&returntoquery=action%3Dsubmitlogin%26type%3Dlogin$"
) {
    return (pass);
   }

What happens is that when you try to login, or create a new user instead of
doing either the page will just refresh. And the new user isn't created or
you are not logged in.

I've been able to verify that the new user isn't created by looking at the
users tables in the wiki database. And the user you are trying to create
doesn't appear.

Can someine please tell me what I'm doing wrong in my VCL?

Thanks,
Tim

--
GPG me!!