Varnish 4 Request Flow

Rubén Romero ruben at varnish-software.com
Mon Jan 12 13:42:30 CET 2015

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 7:23 PM, Hugo Cisneiros (Eitch) <
hugo.cisneiros at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 3:30 PM, Andreas Plesner Jacobsen <apj at mutt.dk>
> wrote:
> > > I'm beginning to use Varnish 4 a lot, and it's working great. I used to
> > > print the Varnish 3 Request Flow into my desk for reference when
> writing
> > > lots and lots of VCL code. Is there an "official" request flow for
> Varnish4?
> >
> > Nils added a graph to the docs recently:
> https://www.varnish-cache.org/trac/changeset/a48147aae7157fbc2d7de19b9e541ffa18fc9fa3
> >
> > https://www.varnish-cache.org/docs/trunk/reference/states.html
>
> That's exactly what I was looking for! Thanks a lot :-)

Hi Hugo,

Also worthwhile checking is the flow graph and other things in the new
version of the Varnish book which is in alpha now and focuses on 4.0:
https://github.com/varnish/Varnish-Book/blob/Varnish-Book-v4/varnish_book.rst

I believe we made it from source ourselves, so it is more or less the same
graph Andreas pointed you to.

> --
> []'s
> Hugo