modify URL on client side

Michael excelsio at gmx.com
Mon Jul 13 19:31:04 CEST 2015

Hello,

So far I´ve setup pound with varnish. It´s working fine, except one thing:

  * The webserver itself is reachable via www.short-name-of-company.com.
    Several new domains have been added with similar looking names and
    tld endings, e.g. www.full-name-of-company.info
  * A client connects with its browser to www.full-name-of-company.info,
    is passed to pound and varnish. Varnish gets the data from
    "www.short-name-of-company.com"-server. Unfortunately the apache
    server of that one is configured to always return
    "www.short-name-of-company.com" to the client, i.e. the client sees
    "www.short-name-of-company.com" instead of
    "www.full-name-of-company.info".
  * the apache configuration of the web server won´t be changed
  * So I´m looking for a possibility to change the URL being displayed
    at the client´s browser.
  * Is there any possibility to change this within varnish?

Best Regards
Michael