Varnish puppet problem

Martin Dew-Hattens made at berlingskemedia.dk
Wed Jul 22 12:07:41 CEST 2015

Hello varnishers,

Got a problem tryo to apply the varnish puppet

when I do puppet apply  -v site.pp i get

Error: Failed to parse template varnish/vcl/default.erb:
  Filepath: /etc/puppet/modules/varnish/templates/vcl/default.erb
  Line: 31
  Detail: undefined method `map' for "/request":String
 at /etc/puppet/modules/varnish/manifests/instance.pp:399 on node
pa-varnish-as.eu-west-1.compute.internal
Error: Failed to parse template varnish/vcl/default.erb:
  Filepath: /etc/puppet/modules/varnish/templates/vcl/default.erb
  Line: 31
  Detail: undefined method `map' for "/request":String
 at /etc/puppet/modules/varnish/manifests/instance.pp:399 on node
pa-varnish-as.eu-west-1.compute.internal

Just for testing I have define

health_check_request  => '/request',

but I can see I am getting ther error in this area  of default.vcl

probe backend_health_check {
<% if @health_check_request -%>
    .request =
<%= @health_check_request.map { |r| %(#{"\ " * 8}"#{r}")}.join("\n") + ";"
%>
<% else -%>

so its look for health_check_request.map

what is that ???

--
Martin Dew-Hattens

B.Sc, Ph.D
VMware Certified Professional (VCP5-DCV)
Novell Certified Linux Administrator (CLP)
CEH, CHFI, ECSA

Tlf: +45 25 45 65 28
made at berlingskemedia.dk

Berlingske Media A/S