vmod basic auth on varnish 4

Tim Dunphy bluethundr at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 19:49:30 CEST 2015

Guys,

I've just upgraded my varnish setup from version 3 to version 4. I've successfully ported almost my entire default.vcl file to the new syntax.

But I need to use Apache basic auth. The new version requires you to install a module for this.

But my installation was done via rpm/yum. All the instructions I found on how to install this module tell you to install from source. Which I'd rather avoid.

How can I add this module if I installed varnish thru yum?

Thank you,
Tim

Sent from my iPhone