vmod basic auth on varnish 4

Tim Dunphy bluethundr at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 16:51:58 CEST 2015

Hi Lasse,

 I was able to work out how to do this. All I had to do was download the
varnish 4.0.3 source code, do autogen.sh, configure and make. But not a
make install.

Then I went to the vmod basic auth directory I had downloaded and expanded
earlier. Went through autogen.sh, configure, make && make install there.
While pointing to my vmods directory in the configure script.

Works perfectly! And that is apparently the way to do it. However it would
be a lot easier if I could have done this through a yum install. Apparently
this is not possible currently.

This vmod was appealing because with this there is no need to enter in the
user name and password of the auth user using a base64 hash. You simply
point it to a file you create with htpasswd somewhere on your file system.
It's a little better that way I think.

Thanks
Tim

--