varnishncsa -- please support a config file

Kristian Grønfeldt Sørensen ksorensen at nordija.com
Mon Nov 2 19:04:36 CET 2015

On 30 October 2015 at 17:54, Raymond Jennings III <
raymond.jennings.iii at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll second that request.
>
> On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 12:42 PM, Mark Felder <feld at feld.me> wrote:
>

>> If we could read settings from a config file it would solve this problem
>> cleanly...

Hi,

I submitted a patch last year that made it possible to read the log format
from a file, which solves the issue with qouting :
https://www.varnish-cache.org/patchwork/patch/244/
I haven't tried applying and compiling it on 4.1.0, but' it's pretty
simple, so assume it will be trivial to apply it on 4.1.0.
Hopefully we can convince somebody to  accept it in to 4.1.1

BR

Kristian Sørensen