Varnish4 + do_stream

Viktor Villafuerte viktor.villafuerte at optusnet.com.au
Wed Nov 4 07:57:00 CET 2015

Hi all,

I've been trying to use do_stream in my VCL on Varnish4. But no matter
what I do it does not seem to work the way I expect it :)

sub vcl_backend_response {
    set beresp.do_stream = true;
    ..
}

>From reading around I think this is actually the default but Varnish
always waits until it has the whole file?

The setup is Varnish -> Nginx -> Nginx. If I do request directly to the
first Nginx the return of the file starts immediatelly. If I do request
to Varnish first it waits about 3 mins (file is about 3G in size) before
it actually serves anything..

Please, let me know if you need more info about my setup!

Any suggestions are welcome

thanks

Regards

Viktor Villafuerte