Multi varnish setup and purging

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Tue Sep 29 02:54:50 CEST 2015

This is a bit old but I still have interest in this topic.

I am running a HA varnish with 3 hosts and I am not using the ban method
but a regular PURGE with one url per request.
The way I do that for multiple hosts is via a custom reverse proxy(I
will publish it later)that I have written in GOlang which has a list of
back-end servers and which "broadcast"(ie sending each host a single
request) to all the back-ends.
It will do that in the background so the application will just receive a
200 response fast and the logs will show any signs of errors.

Since I have never used the ban option I cannot tell you if it meets
your goals.
If you have solved this issue somehow then I will be happy to hear about
the solution you have implemented.

Thanks,
Eliezer