junk after gzip encoding

georgi.int at gmail.com georgi.int at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 15:28:47 CET 2016

If I put in .htaccess of the site the following line unsetting the
encoding everything is ok, but why this happens as in default.vcl the
encodings are set correctly:

#this in htaccess solve the problem
RequestHeader unset Accept-Encoding

#This is my default.vcl configuration
if (req.http.Accept-Encoding) {
     if (req.http.Accept-Encoding ~ "gzip") {
       set req.http.Accept-Encoding = "gzip";
     }
     else if (req.http.Accept-Encoding ~ "deflate") {
       set req.http.Accept-Encoding = "deflate";
     }
     else {
       unset req.http.Accept-Encoding;

This happens installing wordpress plugins and themes.