ACLs limts/perfs ?

Tobias Eichelbrönner tobias.eichelbroenner at lamp-solutions.de
Thu Jan 28 14:20:57 CET 2016

Hi Kai,

> Just out of curiosity: why would you have several million lines? I somehow
> can't see any use case in which this could happen.

to get the actual use case we had, think of a adservers delivering
different ads based on browser, country, connection, and other criteria.
Now you start just redirecting users to external partners if you cannot
serf a proper ad yourself.
You start with some simple rules hardcoded in your caching proxy so that
your backend is not bothered to calculate anything. As it works great
you start to add additional rules.
Then you write a script that ads new rules taken from a database....

Of cause we did not use varnish as a caching proxy anymore, but more as
an application server. But especially when it comes to performance
varnish does a great job running simple applications.
I think the varnish plus package offered from the Varnish guys has
features that are not limited to simple caching (like paywalls)

Sincerly,

Tobias

--
LAMP solutions GmbH
Gostenhofer Hauptstrasse 35

Amtsgericht Nuernberg: HRB 22366
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Heiko Schubert

Es gelten unsere allgemeinen Geschaeftsbedingungen.
http://www.lamp-solutions.de/agb/

Telefon      : 0911 / 376 516 0
Fax          : 0911 / 376 516 11
E-Mail       : support at lamp-solutions.de