Varnich Memory in 90% holding continously

Adam Schumacher adam.schumacher at flightaware.com
Thu Jul 14 14:25:30 CEST 2016

 >>> And I have got the below output. Also I have a monitoring tool UIM which also states still memory is holding up at 90% eventhough Varnish server is literally idle

90% of what? How much RAM is installed on the host?  You have malloc set at 8G.  If you only have 10G of ram, this would be expected and you should lower your malloc setting, or adjust your monitoring parameters.  Note that there is nothing inherently wrong with using most of your RAM – that just means you are getting your money’s worth out of it.

::Adam