Fwd: Varnish Cache

Per Buer perbu at varnish-software.com
Thu Jun 9 23:17:57 CEST 2016

Hi,

Since that blog post was written we've managed to convince PHK to accept
query string sorting into the std vmod - which is bundled with Varnish
itself.
Now you just do "import std;" and then you can call std.querysort(req.url)
to sort the querystring.

Per.

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 7:20 PM, Paul A. Procacci <pprocacci at datapipe.com>
wrote:

> It'll fetch from the backend again, by-passing the cache.
>
> You can fetch the same contents from ram again by normalizing the
> parameters to the query.
>

> https://info.varnish-software.com/blog/essential-vmods-all-varnish-users-should-know-about
>
> The above url describes "their favorite" as being boltsort, but there there
> others if you desire.
>
> ~Paul
>
> On Thu, Jun 09, 2016 at 10:14:15PM +0530, sujith pv wrote:
> >    Hi Team
> >    I'm a newbie to Varnish Cache. I have a very basic question around the
> >    same.
> >
> >    - I'm making a search query for example
> >    like [1]http://test.com?query=apple,orange&store=1234 and the same is
> >    fetched and cached in Varnish
> >    - Now again Im making the same request it gets served from Cache with
> >    out a backend fetch
> >    - Now if I just pass [2]http://test.com?query=orange,apple&store=1234
> ,
> >    here i just swapped the search keywords. So I'm doubtful, if this
> query
> >    url is unique with previous one or it will be a new backend fetch. Or
> >    is there a way we can manipulate the request to match the cached
> value.
> >    Any help will be great...
> >    Best Regards
> >    Sujith P V