load balancing multiple sites with varnish

Per Buer perbu at varnish-software.com
Sun Mar 6 09:23:50 CET 2016

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 6, 2016 at 5:40 AM, Tim Dunphy <bluethundr at gmail.com> wrote:

>  (..)
> However when I tried to add the new kibana hosts to the config, instead of
> showing the kibana interface, it shows the default web page on my first
> apache server from the previous load balancing pool. That belongs to a host
> called 'web1' in the config.

Common mistake. You've misconfigured the virtual hosts on the backends. The
virtual host must match what Varnish sends to your backends. So if you are
accessing your Varnish as "logs.foo.com" then the virtual host definition
in Apache must be for that virtual host.

I did a writeup on the topic a couple of years back. You might find it
helpful:
http://info.varnish-software.com/blog/getting-virtual-hosts-right-varnish-cache

--
*Per Buer*