Varnish 4.0 Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial

Per Buer perbu at varnish-software.com
Mon May 2 10:28:09 CEST 2016

On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 9:14 AM, Georg Schoenberger <
g.schoenberger at xortex.com> wrote:

> Hi folks!
>
> Will there be a Varnish repo for Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial soon?
> I would like to use Varnish 4.0 with Ubuntu 16.04, but the Ubuntu repo
> only provides 4.1 in the universe section.
> I would prefer 4.0 from varnish-cache.org, but currently I can only find
> the Trusty repo URL:
> *
> https://www.varnish-cache.org/releases/install_ubuntu.html#install-ubuntu
>
> THX, Georg

The Trusty (14.04) packages should work fine on Xenial. AFAIK there are no
plans to provide native packages for Xenial unless there is a compelling
reason to do so. Could you try the Trusty packages and report any problems
here, please?

Cheers,

Per.
--