reset varnishstat counters?

Web Teknik webteknik.tcmb at gmail.com
Wed May 18 09:11:08 CEST 2016

Hi,

We are using Varnish 4.0 and it is working great. We are using
varnishstat counters with icinga to monitor Varnish performance. For
example, we monitor MAIN.sess_dropped counter to see if we need to
tune number of threads or other parameters. However since it is a
counter, once it becomes greater than zero, then icinga keeps sending
alerts. I want to reset it to zero after resolving the issue
(sometimes it is just because VM freeze). Is there a way to reset
varnishstat counters without restarting varnish?

Thanks.