Varnish 4.1.3 starting error

Viktor Villafuerte viktor.villafuerte at optusnet.com.au
Tue Nov 1 04:01:41 CET 2016

Hi,

I'm testing 4.1.3 as we speak and

[root at linearcdn01.test ~]# find /usr -name '*libvarnish*'
/usr/lib64/libvarnishapi.so.1.0.4
/usr/lib64/varnish/libvarnish.so
/usr/lib64/varnish/libvarnishcompat.so
/usr/lib64/libvarnishapi.so.1
[root at linearcdn01.test ~]# rpm -q --whatprovides
/usr/lib64/varnish/libvarnish.so
varnish-libs-4.1.3-1.el6.x86_64
[root at linearcdn01.test ~]#

Did you check if the library actually exists.. as opposed to checking if
the pkg is installed?

I'd suggest checking the content of varnish-libs and also checking it's
MD5 sum to make sure that anything didn't go wrong when downloading. Do
listing of files in the pkg..

If that all is ok the turn it off and on again :)

remove all Vanrish related pkgs, reboot, re-install (make sure you've
cheked the md5s).

Last piece of advice I can give is to re-run ldconfig

hope some of this will help