varnish 4 to cache from multiple servers with different content

Guillaume Quintard guillaume at varnish-software.com
Fri Nov 25 17:22:14 CET 2016

Hi,

There's no stickyness involved with the round-robin director. But from what
you are describing, Varnish is doing what you ask it to do: it caches from
one backend and keep serving the cached content (ie. it doesn't need to go
to the backends anymore).

If you wish to have a non-caching loadbalancer, then then "return (pass);"
at the end of vcl_recv and you'll be ok.

Otherwise, what behavior do you wish to obtain?

--
Guillaume Quintard