Varnish malloc issue

sujith pv sujithnss at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 09:31:47 CEST 2016

Hi All

I had already mailed this query long back but this time putting in a
different manner.

   - We are using Varnish 4.0 in our end. We have a machine with memory of
   16G with 8G being malloc for Varnish. We have a TTL for 2 hrs as well.
   - During our peak traffic, when we see the total memory of the machine
   reaching 90% and like varnishd process is taking some 89% .
   - So I'm just confused even though we had allocated just 8G malloc which
   is like 50% of the total memory, how the process is eating up 89% of memory
   and the memory is not releasing even after TTL.

Any help please...

Best Regards
Sujith P V