Safety of setting "beresp.do_gzip" in vcl_backend_response

Nigel Peck np.lists at sharphosting.uk
Thu Apr 13 00:49:08 CEST 2017

Hi,

I am implementing compression in vcl_backend_response, by setting
"beresp.do_gzip" on appropriate Content-Type's. I am wondering if it is
safe to do this even on responses that may subsequently get set as
uncacheable by later code?

It seems safe to me, but just wanting to check in case I'm missing
something. I assume that if a response is subsequently set uncacheable
then "beresp.do_gzip" will simply have no affect?

Thanks
Nigel