Http/2.0 POST requests fails

Dridi Boukelmoune dridi at varni.sh
Tue Jan 3 15:48:13 CET 2017

On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 2:54 PM, Claus Pedersen <clausp at campaya.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am testing Varnish5 with hitch 1.4.3 and everything seems to work fine,
> except POST requests doesn't work.
> It looks like Varnish is passing the request to the backend server with
> request protocol HTTP/2.0 unchanged, which makes the backend server throw up
> because it doesn't support it.
>
> I have tried to set bereq.proto in vcl_backend_fetch to "HTTP/1.1" but
> without much luck.
>
> Any idea of what causes this?

You should see "incomplete code" in the panic message. We haven't
implemented yet the body frames handling on the client side.

Please note that HTTP/2 support is currently experimental, some
features are missing. Please report crashes unless the error message
is "incomplete code" and thank you for testing h2 in Varnish!

Cheers,
Dridi