Handling HTML5 Video for iOS and Safari clients

Guillaume Quintard guillaume at varnish-software.com
Fri Jul 21 09:53:02 CEST 2017

Don't pipe. ever. Unless your are using websockets.

do_stream is set by default, you can remove it.

Are we talking aboud VoD or Live? if the latter, remember to set grace to
0, other you'll have outdated manifest problems.

What isn't working on Safari? Does the problem goes away if you connect
straight to the origin? (ie. no varnish) What do the developer tools tell
you? Have you looked at varnishlog?

--
Guillaume Quintard